CE / UKCA Markings

The requirement to CE mark external timber windows and doors became mandatory on 1st July 2013. This means that, because we make and install timber windows/doors, we needed to ensure that these products met CE marking standards.

As a result of leaving the EU, Input joinery no longer need to progress with CE marking, however, we will transition to using the UKCA mark instead.

CE Marking

Many products traded on the extended Single Market in the European Economic Area (EEA) will display the letters ‘CE’. It is a mark to help consumers identify whether the product complies with specific, high safety, health, and environmental protection requirements.

Products bearing the CE marking can be traded in the EEA without restrictions. Not all products must have CE marking, with only a certain set are included in this list. CE marking does not indicate the origin of a product.

Please see our CE marking certificates located in the Technical Download section on the right for more. 

UKCA Marking

The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) marking is a new UK product marking for use on goods available in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). It covers most items that previously displayed the CE marking; these are known as ‘new approach’ goods.

The UKCA marking came into effect on 1 January 2021. However, to allow businesses time to adjust to the new requirements, there is a transition period during which you are likely to still see use of the CE mark.