When external access is required to a property, our External Staircases will certainly be the right choice for you
Our external staircases are usually built to a 'Closed String/Open Riser' design, but we can cater for a more bespoke flight if required. They are normally manufactured in a durable hardwood such as Iroko or European oak, but treated softwood can be used for cost efficiency.
Anti-slip treads are created by either incorporating anti-slip inserts or by fluting the tops of the treads, similar to a decking profile.
The balustrade is normally kept simple by using either chamfered or square balusters and matching newel posts; this is to avoid water traps. We can include for glass panels hung on 316 Stainless Steel clamps if required
- Manufactured in either Hardwood or Tanalised Softwood
- Closed String / Open Riser Design
- Anti-Slip Nosings Included
- Level Landing Joists and Landing Boards Included
- Full Height Newel Posts on Landing (down to ground floor level)
- Simple Balustrade Design to Minimise Water Traps